From part one of the Etsy Dallas blog post:
Lay Out Your Booth Space and Displays
About three weeks before the show, plan your booth space. Decide what your table layout will be, how your displays will be set up and where chairs and product storage will go but still be easily accessible. Tape off the booth space on the floor or driveway and be sure everything fits. Once you have a "floor plan," decide how your goods will be displayed.
It is important to do this because often you only have an hour or two to unload and set up for a show. Depending on your product unloading could take you 30 mins or more. Have to set up a tent? Add 10-15 min for that...tables? 5 more. That is 50 of your time right there, give or take 10 min based on the product you make. So it's imperative that you plan ahead on set up or you will either be unprepared or rushing right before the show starts.
What should you do in this dry run setup? Tape off on the floor or driveway (with painters tape) your exact booth space. Bonus points for setting up your tent in your driveway and working with that (and double checking that your tent is in order and you have all your parts and pieces).
Once you have your booth space marked off or tent set up you should consider the following:
- How many tables will you need and what should their layout be-keep in mind you should leave room around the tables so you can enter and exit your booth space
- Where and how will my displays be set up
- Will my displays hold my product?
- Can I see over and work around my displays?
- Did I leave work space for myself to write receipts, wrap or package purchases, put my soda?
Missed Part 1.1? Find it here: