Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top O the Mornin' to Ya!

It's almost St. Patrick's Day and we thought we would share a quick and easy craft that you could give as a gift or make for a St Pats Day party for people to snack on. This one is pretty simple and could be easy and fun to do with kids too.

Gold at the End of the Rainbow Jar

What you'll need:
Rainbow Skittles (includes red, yellow, green, purple, orange)
Easter Skittles (if you are an over achiever and want to add more colors)
Gold Coin Chocolates
Mason Jar
Green Decorations (option, think green ribbon, fabric, or a hat like below)

Step 1-Sort the skittles...It took me about 5 min while watching TV.



Step 2. Start layering. Starting with the gold coins, then purple, then the blues if you got them, then green, yellow, orange, and red.



Step 3. Decorate. I added a little hat to mine to keep it simple, but you could add ribbon, fabric, stickers, beads or whatever else you can find in your craft drawer.


P.S. I'm kind of a perfectionist and it really bugs me that I didn't have blue-but it was too cold and I was too lazy to walk to the store (two blocks away) to get the Easter Skittles. I may have to go get them and re layer them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment